Open Capital has partnered with Oxfam to provide business development support to impact-driven Kenyan SMEs through the Oxfam Impact SME (ISME) Development Program. The program offers subsidized support to impact-driven SMEs, unlocking their growth potential and capital to create great social and environmental impact.
The benefits of the program include:
- Access to tailored support targeted to your business needs e.g., investment readiness, sales and marketing strategy, operational improvements etc.
- Access to an in-person group training which is structured around several key themes to develop your business further, e.g., marketing, fundraising, financial processes, talent, etc., and help scale impact e.g., circular business models, decent work, gender, and sustainable value chains
- Networking opportunities and connections with investors and other SMEs to support the growth of their businesses
- A chance for two selected cohort companies to receive grant funding of up to EUR 35K and ongoing exposure
- Access to tools to measure impact
Your business may be eligible for the program if it meets the following criteria:
- Location: For-profit SME registered in Kenya
- Stage of growth: Post-revenue and have found product-market fit (idea-stage businesses are not suitable)
- Minimum annual revenue: EUR 10,000
- Number of years of operation: At least 2 years of operation
- Team: Has at least more than 2 employees
- Impact: Demonstrates at least one of the following principles in its own operations and across its supply chains: sustainability, human rights protection, gender, and community inclusion, livelihoods, environmental conservation, climate resilience, circular economy
- Need for tailored support: Could benefit from business support to prepare, plan for growth, and secure investment
If you are interested in being part of the program, please submit your application here. Should you have any challenges accessing the application form, please reach out to us at email@example.com.